CQ Press Online Editions migration to SAGE Knowledge
Visit SAGE Knowledge now.
1. Why are the CQ Press Online Editions (OEs) moving from CQ Press Electronic Library (CQEL) to SAGE Knowledge (SK)?
We are moving the CQ Press Online Editions (OEs) in an effort to streamline access of SAGE and CQ Press reference content. SAGE Knowledge also offers improved discoverability of content and more advanced navigation.
2. When will this move happen?
All titles publishing in 2013 will be available on SAGE Knowledge only upon publication. Titles which published in 2012 and earlier will remain on the CQ Press Electronic Library until January 2014.
3. Which Online Editions are migrating?
All of CQEL OEs are migrating to SK in January 2014 except the following OE titles:
- Political Handbook of the World
- Politics in America
- CQ Almanac
- Supreme Court Yearbook
These books will remain on CQEL for the time being, given copyright and organizational restrictions.
4. When will the Online Editions no longer be accessible through CQEL?
They will be accessible via the CQ Press Electronic Library portal page via library.cqpress.com through the end of 2013. The Political Reference Suite (PRS) and Political Reference Suite for Schools landing pages will both redirect customers to the CQEL portal page above.
5. What are the benefits of SK compared to the CQEL platform?
- Clean, easy-to-use interface
- Improved citation tools
- Full PDF download option
- Improved search and refine search tools
- Easy print and save search options
6. What is the plan for the CQ Press Electronic Library?
In January 2014 CQEL is getting a re-design to make the portal page cleaner and easier to find user tools. The following content will remain on the CQEL portal page:
|Content Type||Title |
|Online Editions||Political Handbook of the World |
|Politics in America |
|Supreme Court Yearbook|
|Periodicals||All Periodicals (CQ Researcher, CQ Weekly) |
|Data||All data products (State Stats, Local Stats, U.S. Political Stats) |
|Multi-Content Subject Collections||Congress Collection, Voting and Elections Collection, Supreme Court Collection, Political Affairs Collection, Encyclopedia of American Government |
7. Will the URLs for books on CQEL redirect to their new location on SAGE Knowledge? When will that happen?
Yes, the Online Editions that have migrated to SAGE Knowledge will redirect customers to SAGE Knowledge beginning January 1, 2014 until they are taken off the CQEL site in June 2014.
8. What if I purchased perpetual access to the Online Editions on Political Reference Suite?
You will have access to your content through CQEL and PRS as usual until the takedown dates, at which time you will have access exclusively through SK.
9. Will MARC records and discovery services change as part of this migration?
MARC records for both frontlist and backlist titles will be available on SAGE Knowledge. Records for the backlist titles will also be available through OCLC for the Online Editions on CQEL through the end of 2013.
10. How can I access usage reports?
You can access usage reports for any titles on SK through SK's reporting system and can continue to monitor your usage reports trough CQEL until the takedown date.
11. When should I update my proxy server?
You can update your proxy server at any time throughout the migration but should have all necessary changes completed by January 1, 2014.
12. Where would I access my content if I purchase an older title in 2013?
If you purchase a title during 2013 that is already or about to be available on SAGE Knowledge, you will automatically get access on SAGE Knowledge only. If your title is not on SAGE Knowledge yet you will get access on CQEL until the redirect takes place in January 2014.
13. Where will I be able to locate all my CQ Press Online Editions?
We have created a CQ Press portal within SAGE Knowledge that will show all the CQ Press titles available on SAGE Knowledge. The portal went live in September, 2013.
14. Will I be able to search across all my CQ Press products?
15. Can I still purchase the same packages on the Political Reference Suite?
Yes, the Political Reference Suite will still be available for purchase. Click here.
16. How would I order this content?
You can now order your CQ Press Online Editions the same way you order SAGE content. Email email@example.com for more information.
Do you have any other questions or feedback? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org