Access over 5,000 case summaries and over 8,000 opinion-writing and voting results
Subscribers, click here to enter your database.
CQ Press Supreme Court Collection offers a unique contextual framework and analysis of the Supreme Court and its decisions unavailable in any other Web-based reference. CQ Press Supreme Court Collection blends historical perspective with timely updates and expert commentary, providing patrons with bold scope and depth of content and supports courses in political science, American history, and law, including Advanced Placement courses in American Government and Politics. It is also an ideal resource for law schools and public libraries.Authoritative Information including:
- An analysis of thousands of Supreme Court decisions within the context of our nation's history and the constitution. Case summaries include related links to direct additional research about specific constitutional or public policy topics. More than 300 of the most significant cases in Supreme Court history have been designated as "CQ Key Cases."
- "Case Boxscores" include date of decision, votes, opinion authors, and justice alignments and a link to the full-text of the case.
- Biographies of every justice include a detailed analysis of their judicial philosophies and "case participation boxscores" with links to their opinions.
- Commentary and analysis of the political and institutional history of the Supreme Court as a co-equal branch of government.
- Cross-links to related records help users find other results relevant to their topic, streamlining the research.
- "CQ Press Cases-in-Context" is organized by hotly debated or in-the-news public policy topics.
- "Dynamics and Alignments" is a powerful and unique tool to research justice opinions and vote alignments among justices.
- "CiteNow!" feature in the document navigation bar automatically generates a citation style. The CQ Press Supreme Court Collection defaults to Harvard Bluebook, but the user can select APA, Chicago and MLA which is useful in encouraging proper citation usage.
- "Supreme Court Encyclopedia," includes more than 225 entries, historical figures and legal terms, to provide users with immediate answers.
For Pricing of the CQ Press Supreme Court Collection - E-mail [email protected]