Newly redesigned and updated with 2012 National Election Data.
Subscribers, click here to enter your database.
CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection is the first dynamic research and reference tool to put the power of a specially created elections database and the context of objective, informed analyses directly in the hands of students, scholars, researchers, and interested citizens. The Collection is organized into six categories:
The Collection is unique in integrating historical and modern data, analyses of elections and voting behavior, explanations of electoral process and reforms, census and district demographics, key events and issues, and much more.
Search strategies and "related documents" features guide patrons to related returns, analyses, primary sources like campaign speeches, and other documents.
Thousands of election returns tables can be browsed and searched by office, year, and state. Hyperlinks within those tables lead to district profiles, census data, more refined data from that election cycle, and other information to enhance understanding.
Robust Data and Unique, User-Friendly Tools
Powerful database-driven research tools from the navigation bar on the top of the page allow patrons to customize data to study the trends and patterns of most interest in elections:
- The Candidates section tracks a candidate's political career through election results and party affiliation changes.
- Selections under Race Trends list incumbancy, open seat races, landslide elections, and special elections.
- Party Dominance tracks house seats that changed party, party control, and split districts.
- Newly added Infographics from The Rhodes Cook Letter provide powerful data analysis at a quick glance.
- Elections Encyclopedia explains more than 200 terms and concepts.
- Definitions and Sources cover definitions, sources, and provenance of the data.
- Recommended Resources provides links to related election and voter information sites.
- Download Data feaure allows users to employ data from the Collection in their own research
CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection supports course work in campaigns and elections, Congress, and the presidency, including the Advanced Placement course in American Government and Politics and scholarly research in political science and American history.
For Pricing of the CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection - E-mail [email protected]For a free trial, click here.