Features new major additions on campaigns and elections.
Subscribers, click here to enter your database.
CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection is the first dynamic research and reference tool to put the power of a specially created elections database and the context of objective, informed analyses directly in the hands of students, scholars, researchers, and interested citizens. The Collection is organized into six categories:
The Collection is unique in integrating historical and modern data, analyses of elections and voting behavior, explanations of electoral process and reforms, census and district demographics, key events and issues, and much more.
Search strategies and "related documents" features guide patrons to related returns, analyses, primary sources like campaign speeches, and other documents.
Thousands of election returns tables can be browsed and searched by office, year, and state. And hyperlinks within those tables lead to district profiles, census data, more refined data from that election cycle, and other information to enhance understanding.
Robust Data and Unique, User-Friendly Tools
Powerful database-driven research tools from the lefthand navigation bar allow patrons to customize data to study the trends and patterns of most interest in elections:
- Candidate and Office Histories to track a candidate's political career and view overall trends in the total Democratic and Republican vote.
- Seat Status and Competition to study incumbency, open seat races, and competitiveness.
- Party Control, Split Districts, and Third Parties to analyze party control in the House and the impact of third parties.
- Party Switches and Special Elections to find key changes outside of the regular election cycle.
- "Encyclopedia" explains more than 200 terms and concepts.
- "Calendar" and "Chronology" cover future and past election-related activities.
- "Definitions and Sources" cover definitions, sources, and provenance of the data.
- "Web Links" provides links to related election and voter information sites.
- Optional "Export/Download" feature allows users to employ data from the Collection in their own research.
CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection supports course work in campaigns and elections, Congress, and the presidency, including the Advanced Placement course in American Government and Politics and scholarly research in political science and American history.
For Pricing of the CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection - E-mail email@example.comFor a free trial, click here.