State Stats is a new database from CQ Press that delivers a dynamic and engaging user experience that is unmatched in other resources. Featuring data from more than 80 different government and non-government sources and backed by a rich collection of more than 2,000 current and historical data series on popular topics of research interest, State Stats uniquely allows users to discover, view, and export key information measures for the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Check it out online at http://library.cqpress.com/statestats
State Stats makes research easy by providing in one place annual measures dating back more than 15 years. Data series are displayed in a clear and consistent format with detailed source information. Numerous topics are covered in categories including:
· Crime and Law Enforcement
· Employment and Labor
· Geography, Energy, and the Environment
· Health and Medicine
· Social Welfare
· Taxes and Government Finance
· Teaching and Education
The benefit of State Stats is in its ease of use and clean and concise presentation of data and trends. An intuitive interface lets users easily browse by state or by topic, and then compare across states or across time. Users can then share, save, and export data. State Stats also features CQ Press’s CiteNow!® function for generating source citations in APA, MLA, Chicago, or Bluebook styles.
· Analyze data patterns by comparing across states, data series, and time
· Create and export custom visuals including line charts, scatter plots, and maps
· Generate tables and download data for statistical research
· Toggle user display between interactive visual and tabular data view
· Engage a moveable timeline to discover trends
· Explore interactive maps featuring zoom and hover functions
State Stats is cross-searchable with other CQ Pres online products including CQ Researcher and the CQ Press Political Reference Suite. Ongoing updates to State Stats throughout the year ensure that users have the most current data available.
Working on an advanced data research project? The optional advanced State Stats Data Cart allows for bulk data export across single-click download of complete data series and multiple series.