POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR RETURNS, SHIPPING CHARGES, CREDITS, AND CLAIMS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Before purchasing CQ Press products, you should know our restrictions on returns.
The following terms and conditions apply to returns:
- ALL Customers: Any and all returned items must have been purchased by the customer returning the product and be accompanied by a copy of the original invoice. Defective, damaged, or otherwise unsaleable books; incorrect shipments; and mistaken orders must be returned within 30 days of the invoice date. Returns will not be accepted for books that have been out of print for more than 6 months. Returns are for credit only, and credits may be used only to purchase goods and/or services from CQ Press. No more than 10 percent of CQ Press Custom Books order may be returned for credit.
- Individual, Corporate, and Library Customers: Books in undamaged and saleable condition may be returned within 30 days of the invoice date.
- College Bookstores: Books in undamaged and saleable condition in their original and/or unopened sealed condition may be returned no earlier than 3 months and no more than 15 months from the invoice date. Returns are subject to the limitations in effect when products were purchased. CQ Press Custom Books may be returned no earlier than 3 months and no more than 6 months from the invoice date, provided the returns do not exceed 20 percent of the gross orders on that invoice. Course cancellations require official documentation from the school or professor verifying the course cancellation, a CQ Press return authorization code, and must be returned within 60 days of course cancellation to receive credit for 100% of the return. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-866-427-7737 for further information.
- Wholesalers and Subscription Agencies: Books (other than Staff Directories) in undamaged and saleable condition may be returned within 15 months of the invoice date. Staff Directories must be returned within 90 days of the invoice date.
- Custom Products: Sage/CQ will accept up to 20% returns on custom products for each order up to 12 months from the invoice date. Please order accordingly. If you have any questions, please contact our Custom Editor, Valgeet Woods, at 805-410-7165 or [email protected].
You will find out-of-print notices and a list of out-of-print titles (with last return dates) at the CQ Press Web site: http://marketing-admin/docs/oop.xls. Although we make every effort to keep this list current, customers should contact the CQ Press Customer Service Department to determine the current status of any CQ Press title.
CQ RESEARCHER, CQ ELECTRONIC LIBRARY (CQEL), PERPETUAL ARCHIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS
CQ Researcher “Full Service” and “Reports Only” Print Subscriptions: Cancellations for new or renewal print subscriptions are allowed until the date issue fulfillment commences. Once fulfillment has begun, you have 90 days to transfer to an electronic delivery option for the same product. If the electronic subscription is to have the same start and end term as the original print subscription, full credit for the print subscription will be applied to the new electronic subscription. If the start term of the new subscription is to coincide with the cancellation, the print subscription will be cancelled with an effective date equal to the cancellation date, and any prepayment credit due from the cancellation date of the print subscription will be applied to the new electronic subscription. Print subscriptions under active fulfillment can only be cancelled at the end of the subscription term, unless you provide written notification to stop fulfillment or renewal notices prior to the end of the term. However, no refunds will be issued for the remaining balance.
CQ Electronic Library (CQEL) and Perpetual Archive Electronic Subscriptions: No cancellations and/or refunds will be permitted for any new or renewal subscriptions to a downloadable data or perpetual archive product. For new or renewal read-only electronic subscriptions, once the subscription term has begun and the user has been given password access to the product, cancellations or refunds are not permitted. However, you may transfer and apply any prepaid credit due after the cancellation date to another CQR print or CQEL product within 90 days of the invoice date.
STAFF DIRECTORY PRINT, ELECTRONIC, AND DOWNLOAD SUBSCRIPTIONS
Staff Directory Print Subscriptions: The first book of a new or renewal print subscription term may be returned within 30 days from invoice date for a full credit or refund. A written request for cancellation and refund (if prepaid) must accompany the return of the book. Cancellations and returns after the 30-day period will not be accepted. If you choose to keep the first book of the subscription, but wish to cancel the remaining issues, the subscription invoices will be credited and a new invoice will be issued for the retained book at the regular single issue price, plus shipping and handling.
Staff Directory Electronic Subscriptions: No cancellations and/or refunds will be permitted for new or renewal read-only electronic subscriptions once the subscription term has begun and the user has been given password access to the product.
Staff Directory Downloads/CD-ROM Subscriptions: No cancellations and/or refunds will be permitted for new or renewal downloadable electronic subscriptions once the subscription term has begun and the user has been given password access to the product. For Staff Directories CD-ROM subscriptions - once the seal is broken on the CD-ROM package, the product is non-returnable and no cancellations and/or refunds will be permitted.
You do not need permission to return books that meet the terms and conditions explained here (with the exception of course cancellations). Returns that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be reshipped, and additional shipping and handling expenses will be charged. Credit for accepted returns will be reduced by the amount of such charges. Customers requesting consignment shipping agree that noncomplying returns will be shipped back on the same terms that apply to other shipments.
A copy of the original invoice, packing slip, or the invoice reference number must accompany EVERY return. We will not accept returns without this documentation.
Please take care when returning books to CQ Press. We will not accept any returns that have been damaged in shipping. CQ Press strongly advises you to use packing material that is UPS-approved.
Send ALL returns to:
CQ Press--Returns Dept
2590 Conejo Spectrum St.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing your return and posting a credit to your account.
If you have questions about our returns policy, please call the CQ Press Customer Service Department at 1-866-4CQ-PRESS (1-866-427-7737). You can also send an email to [email protected].
Shipping charges apply to all orders. Shipping expense varies by weight and distance; our Customer Service Department can provide you with shipping expense quotations. Contact Customer Service at 1-866-4CQ-PRESS (1-866-427-7737). Shipping expense is never discounted.
To maintain the highest level of quality control--and the fastest turnaround time--on shipments, we directly control warehousing and shipping, unlike most independent publishers. When you request a shipment from CQ Press, you can be sure that we will be totally responsible for all aspects of your shipment until it is delivered.
We offer consignment/collect shipping only as a courtesy to customers who have arranged for this service in advance. PLEASE NOTE: CQ Press will not be responsible in any way for shipping and/or billing errors or omissions attributable to the shipper (including lost, damaged, or untrackable shipments). If you choose consignment/collect shipping, unaccepted returns will be shipped back to you on the same terms that apply to other shipments. Customers requesting collect shipping must provide their shipping accounting number on each order submitted. If an account number is not supplied on the order, shipping charges will be added to the invoice.
ALL Customers: CQ Press must receive claims from all customers for credit or refund, or requests for shipping confirmation documentation, regardless of the reason, within 90 days of the invoice date (unless otherwise specified above). CQ Press will not process claims presented after thirty days. This requirement also applies to requests for price or discount adjustments.
Claims for individual CQ Researcher reports must be made within six months of publication date. Claims for CQ Researcher bound volumes must be made within one year of the publication date. A full year of CQ Researcher full service subscription issues must be received and the subscription paid in full to qualify for the annual bound volume.
Claims for individual Staff Directory editions must be made within one year of the publication date. Claims for subscriptions to Staff Directory products must be made within one year of the subscription order date.
No more than 10 percent of CQ Press Custom Books order may be returned for credit.
Claims for credit or refund must be submitted by mail or fax. Send written correspondence to:
2590 Conejo Spectrum St
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
You can reach us by fax at 1-800-380-3810.
You can also call us at 1-866-4CQ-PRESS (1-866-427-7737) or send an email to [email protected], but doing so will not guarantee your right to a credit or refund unless you follow up by mail or fax.